Applications for refunds can be turned in via our new online-form: https://formular.zhv.rwth-aachen.de/lip/action/invoke.do?id=asta_refund
You need to log in with your "TIM-ID". Please don't turn in the old paper forms. Original tickets don't need to be turned in to AStA anymore, they should be kept for use in later semesters.
In general, your complete apllication must be delivered right in the beginning of the semester. They must be turned in to the "Sozialausschuss" the latest unitil October, 28th
(winter semester) or April, 28th
If your application is due to exmatriculation
, it has to be handed in until the first day of the month you do not want to use your ticket any more
Applications due to delayed matriculation must be delivered not later than four weeks after matriculation.
In certain cases you can get a refund of the money you paid for the "Semesterticket". Accepted reasons are:
- Exmatriculation (refund of the residual full months of running semester, you have to hand in your cancelled semesterticket)
- Delayed matriculation (refund of full previous months of running semester, you have to hand in the written confirmation from "Studierendensektretariat" of your delayed matriculation)
- Sabbatical semester (complete refund, hand in semesterticket and confirmation of your sabbatical semester)
- Internship or stay abroad (complete refund, hand in semesterticket and confirmation of internship)
- Social hardship (please make an appointment with the "Sozialreferat", firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please make sure to observe the deadlines, mentioned in the application itself.
In case of questions please contact the Semesterticket-Team
Valid reasons for an application
In some cases of special hardship, the university (i. e. the student body) can refund the mobility fee. In those cases, the ticket has to be handed in to the AStA (the unit of financial affairs) and the services of AVV and DB (i. e. buses and trains) cannot be used, anymore.
Possible reasons are:
1) Severely handicapped people with official ID and already included ticket
A waiver of the mobility fee can be requested in the "Studierendensekretariat" (Registrar's office
). There s no need for new applications in further semesters.
2) Severely handicapped people, who are unable to use buses and trains due to their handicap
Same procedure as under 1). Otherwise, the whole fee has to be paid, firstly. A refund can be requested till the 28th of October (winter term) or the 28th of April (summer term), respectively, at the "Sozialausschuss" of the student's parliament, where a proof has to be handed in, too. There is no entitlement.
3) Cross registered students and auditing students
Cross registered students and auditing students are not allowed to use the "Semesterticket" and therefore, they do not pay the mobility fee.
4) Students in a holiday semester
At first, also students in a holiday semester will get the ticket and therefore, they have to pay the mobility fee. Those, who do not want to keep the ticket can request a refund without further justification. The application has to be handed in together with the ticket and a copy of the certification of the holiday semester as well as a enrollment confirmation, which states the status as student in a holiday semester, to the "Sozialausschuss" of the student's parliament. This must happen till the 28th of October (winter term) or the 28th of April (summer term), respectively. There is no entitlement. Firstly, the fee has to be fully paid.
5) Students, who spend more than four months away from the area, where the ticket is valid, due to their studies
In general a refund for students, who are not in Aachen for more than four months due to their studies, is possible. The application must be handed in till the 28th of October (winter term) or the 28th of April (summer term), respectively. There is no entitlement. Firstly, the fee has to be fully paid.
6) Students, who will exmatriculate during the semester
Students, who are going to finish their studies can request a partial refund of the mobility fee for the full months that are left in the semester, except there is only one full month left. The application including the semester-ticket
has to be handed in till the 1st day of the first refund month to the "Sozialausschuss". Further information can be found in the application form (PDF).
7) Students, who are matriculated delayed as foreign "Programmstudierende" ("program students", temporarily limited studies without graduation)
In analogy to point 6), foreign program students can request the partial refund of the mobility fee for the full months, they were not enrolled. (I. e. firstly, all program students pay the full fee for the semester and get their ticket.) In case of return before the end of the semester, the "exmatriculation rule" (point 6)) will be applied. in both cases, the corresponding proofs (DIHB-certificate, etc.) must be handed in. It is also possible to combine both cases but only full months, in which the ticket could not be used, can be refunded. In case of early leaving, the ticket has to be handed in, together with the application.
8) Students, who change their status
A change in status, in general, has to be done before the lectures start. During this period, the registrar's office can refund fees, if they would not have been demanded from students in this new status.
A change in status after the lectures start cannot lead to a refund.
9) Students, who are unable to pay the mobility fee due to their financial opportunities
In cases of social hardship, a refund of the mobility fee can be requested at the "Sozialausschuss". The application has to be handed in till the 28th of October in the winter term, or till the 28th of April in the summer term, respectively. Together with the application, proofs for the fulfilled hardship (i. e. incoe statements, etc.) have to be brought. There is no entitlement. Firstly, the fee has to be fully paid.
Further explanation: In the last case, the mobility fee will be paid from the "Härtefonds der Studierendenschaft". So, the applicant may fully use his ticket.
It is absolutely certain to be aware of the fact, that a re-enrollment in general requires full payment of the mobility fee, except a waver is already approved before the re-enrollment period begins.
In case of uncompleted payment, an exmatriculation could be the consequence.