We believe that advanced technologies like autonomous cars or real-time wireless data communication (5G) will make the world a better and safer place. To accelerate the development of intelligent products like these, Silexica provides software development tools that help engineers to bring better products to market faster; enabling our customers to win markets.
Silexica was founded in 2014 and has raised $28 million in funding so far. With its headquarters in Germany and offices in the US, Japan and Pakistan, Silexica is serving global customers across different rapidly transforming industries.
Silexica’s team includes some of the best software tooling experts and embedded engineers in the world, complemented by industry veterans and business professionals. Together, we are building the best software tools company in the world to make our customers successful in bringing better products to market faster! We are incredibly passionate about revolutionizing parallel programming and you can become an important part of our success story!
At Silexica’s Cologne headquarters, we are looking for an Intern/ Working Student Software Development – DevOps & Release Engineering (f/m/d) to support our engineering team in various exciting projects for the duration of 6 months starting as soon as possible. We offer the opportunity to join our team of hardware and software experts developing our SLX multicore programming tools for customers around the world.
- You will become a member of our Release Train team (DevOps & QA), ensuring the smooth running of our software development and release processes with high quality standards
- You will help us maintaining and extending our development infrastructure and improving our development workflows
- You will operate Jenkins with us and dispatch the errors
- You will be involved in establishing new test infrastructure (for back- and frontend)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You are studying towards a Master degree in Computer Science or a related field
- You have already work in the Linux environment on command line including version control system (ideally git)
- You wrote your first own scripts in either Python or bash
- You have experience in at least one of the following programming languages (C, C++, Java)
- As a plus, but not mandatory, you have gained first experience with CMake, Jenkins, Docker and/or RCPTT
- You are fluent in English
- You have excellent problem-solving capabilities, work result-oriented and have good communication skills
- You are a team player, who also loves to work independently and takes ownership for his work
- You are available to work full time as an intern for 6 months, or as a working student 20h/week for 6+ months
- You are an EU citizen or possess a valid work permit. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- Gain insights into a dynamic Start-Up with guidance from our experienced engineering team
- Great working atmosphere, flat hiearchies and an amazing multicultural team
- A modern office in vibrant Cologne-Ehrenfeld, with free drinks & breakfast, subsidized lunches & fitness offers and great team events
Are you ready for the next challenge? Grow with us and shape the future of Silexica! To apply please upload your CV, your motivation for this position and outline your availability, via our recruiting system.
We live and love diversity! We have a team of brilliant minds of 60 people from over 20 countries. We believe that the more diverse we are, the better we get. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
You can find the application form on our website.