Ausländer*innenvertretung (AV)

Ausländer*innenvertretung, or the Foreign Representation is a group of students elected by the foreign students of RWTH Aachen University, to represent their interests in the Student Parliament. We are elected to represent international students at the university. We offer legal help, events in order to help you meet new people, and courses to learn something new!


As representatives of the international students at the RWTH Aachen we strive to help you with all questions and problems regarding not just your studies, but your life in Aachen in general.

If you have any problems with your residence permit, visa, rental contract or another legal problem, please send an email to with a short description of your issue and your matriculation number. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

We offer legal consultations with a lawyer (free of charge), every 2 weeks. Please schedule this with us via email.

we are available in our office located on the first floor of the Humboldt Haus. You can come by our office, and ask us any question you have.

The exact times are updated on our website.

Visas / Legal documents

Please note that at the current time, the Foreigner’s office is experiencing a high demand of inquiries. No negative consequences will come to those, who have made an appointment before the expiration date on their documents. However, if you are planning on switching (for example student visa to working visa), please start the process earlier.

In the meantime, we will post all information and events on our instagram: @avrwth